The future growth and success of Nik’s Restaurant Group depends on our ability to attract and retain the brightest and best talent in the industry. Our Manager In Training (MIT) program includes a rigorous nine month long manager in training program, we strive to create well-rounded restaurateurs who are also savvy business people.
Exceptional graduates of our training program can earn the General Manager title in just three years. Training occurs at various locations within Central New Jersey and flexibility is a must for consideration.
Keep in mind, these jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for great food and warm hospitality to succeed here. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
This entry-level management position is responsible for the daily operations in the Restaurant. Responsibilities include ensuring cleaning standards are being met, assisting guests and associates, conducting interviews, placing vendor orders, cash handling during check-outs, working as a food expeditor and assisting in kitchen when necessary.
Junior Manager in Training:
Candidate Profile & Experience
• 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
• Handles associate questions and concerns.
• Monitors associates to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to associates based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Attends bi-weekly meetings & communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the goals to produce desired results.
• Ensures all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Culinary & General Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
• Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws and company policy.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
• Opens and closes restaurant shifts.Providing Exceptional Guest Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages associates to provide excellent guest service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from General Manager as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Meets and greets guests.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for associates.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches and counsels associates regarding performance on an on-going basis.